My mom always says “if you have the right tools, the job goes well.” I couldn’t agree more. When it comes to sewing, having the right tools are the key to success. Below is my list of products we use and love.
Sewing With Sandi is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Sewing With Sandi also participates in the Rakuten and CJ Affiliate programs.
My Favorite Books
These sewing books will help you up your sewing game. Whether you are a true newbie or need to bring your skills up a notch, you will find these books helpful.
- Beginner Sewist – Sewing For Beginners: A Beginners Guide to Learn How to Sew Step-By-Step by Rebecca Wellner
- Beginner Sewist – Sewing for Dummies by Jan Saunders Maresh
- Intermediate Sewist – How to Use, Adapt, and Design Sewing Patterns: From store-bought patterns to drafting your own: a complete guide to fashion sewing with confidence by Lee Hollahan
- Intermediate Sewist – The Complete Photo Guide To Perfect Fitting by Sarah Veblen
- Intermediate Sewist – Tilly and the Buttons: Make it Simple: Easy, Speedy Sewing Projects to Stitch up in an Afternoon
- Advanced Sewist – Couture Sewing Techniques by Claire Shaeffer
- Every Sewist – 21 Tips to Take Your DIY Garment From Homemade To High End
Tools You Need
I find that Joann’s has the best value for sewing tools. Below are some of my favorite must haves.
- Gingher Dressmaker Shears
- Olfa Rotary Cutter
- Cutting Matt – 36″ x 24″ is a good starter size
- Sewing Machine Carry Bag with wheels, making attending classes easy
- Sew Ready Cutting Table that helps you save your back and cut at a good height
My Favorite Machines
Many sewing machines are currently out of stock. You will find the best selection of machines available at Sewing Machines Plus,
My favorite Machines is the Brother cs6000i which is currently out of stock.
If you are in search of a serger, I recommend the Brother Pacesetter is a great starter serger.
How To Set Up And Use Your Sewing Machine is a short video that gives you an overview of the cs6000i. It is applicable to most sewing machine models.
I hope you enjoy our list of Products We Use and Love.
PS Check out my List of Patterns Perfect for Beginners for easy to sew patterns.